HOUSE ABOUT BLOG PICS AUDIO FRIENDS SEARCH


Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hate to see it go...

Today, ESPN 106.7 the FAN ceased to exist. You may think that I get some joy or satisfaction out of seeing the folks who brought me to Nashville flame out, but nothing is further from the truth. The fact is, that place represented a lot of passion for many of us. A sales team that fought the good fight. Jonathan Shaffer and Charlie Saunier who made sure we sounded bigger that we were. Leslie Pardue and a promotions team working with both hands tied behind there back. To me, the whole deal is really sad, since I believed we had something building there. And now it's just another old logo. As for the heart and soul of the deal, Shaffer's doin' fine, fills in for me sometimes and has a new show coming out on Friday Nights this fall. Charlie is still Crazy and doing a great job running the new Thom Abraham Show. Pardue is building our network. And me...I'm still drivin' this cab....oh wait, that's another song!

1 comment:

Browns Bobby said...

So now you're the lead in for Johnny 'Hot Dog' Franks huh? My how the mighty have fallen.