HOUSE ABOUT BLOG PICS AUDIO FRIENDS SEARCH


Wednesday, April 2, 2008

One for the Ages!

I have always said, "Sports is the ultimate Reality TV." What the Predators did in St. Louis last night was why we love our games! Down 3-0 on 7 shots in 7 minutes, goalie Dan Ellis is yanked from the game. Did I mention it took about 250 minutes for him to give up 3 goals prior to last night? Oh yeah, the Preds hadn't scored 4 goals to win a game in a month...an even dozen games. And the season hung in the balance...a loss almost assuredly meaning no playoffs. What happens next you wouldn't buy if it was a Disney movie. The Mighty Predators yank the star goalie for the guy who they yanked before the star became a star, the defense only allows 10 more shots in the last 53 minutes...the well rested back up stops all those shots, and a bunch of guys with names like Fiddler, Tootoo, Bochenski and Peverley score goals for the win. Did I mention that those last two weren't even on the team a few weeks ago? Of course, the story wouldn't be complete without a Vancouver loss putting Nashville back in the playoffs. Win the last two, and it's on to a best of 7 against Detroit...and don't doubt these Mighty Predators of Nashville. I wonder if Emilio Estevez will be available to play Barry Trotz in the movie?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm no comment on the Predators, what a shock. You had more comments about the new basketball team than these guys. Get a clue.

Canucklehead said...

Well, I finally get on the air today and about to give my trifecta and Big Thom cuts me off. I waited in the Kroger parking lot to chat hockey and, in typical rude American style, he drops my call. Apparently he does that as I called back and was told he will randomly cut people off. Not too savy.
Congrats to the Preds, hopefully the fans will be there for more than one game. Yet to be seen.
For the record, NC, Memphis, LSU, and Smoltzy in an emotional return

Anonymous said...

First off, we don't randomly cut anyone off...we do try to move along after a caller gets there comments in and I generally ask if listeners want in the Trifecta. If was also posted here all show long with an e-mail address to get your picks in. Secondly...no one ever said I was savy! And I think the fans will show for the playoffs...As for posting on the Preds...I do often and will today..that was Rocky's post on the basketball team...