HOUSE ABOUT BLOG PICS AUDIO FRIENDS SEARCH


Friday, November 16, 2007

Daily Dog Droppings...

Everyone with two eyes and a brain assumed Barry Bonds had somehow chemically altered his body, so how are we to react once it becomes a fact, proven in court? One thing to remember here is that Bonds is not getting jammed for using performance enhancing drugs...this is about perjury and obstruction of justice. What he was lying about and what justice he was obstructing is of no matter...check today's poll question as to what baseball should do about the Homerun King's record now...

My record against the spread in "Beat the Big Dog" now stands at 39-28, 58%, which will buy you a cup of coffee and a donut and leave you enough for the tip, so here are my selections this week:
On Saturday I've got Vandy +12' in Knoxville; I think they'll keep it close, Georgia -8' at home against Kentucky and I don't feel great about it, and, although I can't believe I'm saying it, I'll take Michigan at home, with the 4', against Ohio St. Not to save Lloyd Carr's gig, but for one big push to save a lost season...More on Ohio St. in a moment. Sunday, I've got Dallas-10' at home against the Skins, Cleveland -2' in Baltimore (Matty B LOVES B'more in this one) Monday night I'm taking the Titans and the 1' in Denver...

With Oregon losing last night, and don't talk to me about QB Dennis Dixon being hurt, they gave up 34 to an unranked team, can Ohio St. climb back into title game consideration? Not likely with the Big 12's big 3 going round robin....BUT....If Oklahoma gets dumped by Okie St., Kansas beats Missouri and then Oklahoma takes out Kansas in the Big 12 Championship game now you have to pick 2 from the one loss teams including OSU, LSU, and, of course, West Virginia. Now if LSU loses, the title game could come down to West Virginia and Ohio St.! Big 10 v. Big East. Conferences with no Title game. Just doesn't seem right...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big Dog the whole Bonds thing just sucks. I grew up a Braves fan, where is Dale Murphy? you know the good guys in the sport. I want my kids to be baseball fans but all they hear about is this steriods crap, kinda sucks that my kids cant relish the game as i did because of all the BS thats going on.