HOUSE ABOUT BLOG PICS AUDIO FRIENDS SEARCH


Friday, November 23, 2007

A "Dynastic" Day!

Thanksgiving Day '07 was not one for pretenders. The Packers, Cowboys, Colts and Trojans of USC all showed there mettle. And, once again, Turkey Bowl '07 went to the team headed by the lovely Junkyard Babe and the Big Dog. Our annual exercise (and, in my case, MY annual exercise) in backyard football turned out as so many have in the past. After getting the Turkey in the oven, and before the early NFL game begins, two teams head into the back yard. Mine, and the one headed up by my 20 year old son (far right, on the sidelines with the Tide at A-Day '07).

Down a score late in the game, my son in law evens the score on a bootleg run, aided by a devastating block by yours truly on my 10 year old son that also sealed off the 9 year old and my 21 year old daughter...After a defensive hold, we took the ball again, with my wife and son in law alternating at QB. Finally, on 4th down, Clay heaves a ball deep into the corner of the endzone, just past the downspout on the house and inside the imaginary line from the end of the deck...a slight push off my 23 year old daughter gives me the separation I need to make a toe-tapping catch to secure the victory!

Editor's note: The rules in this game typically state the game is over once MY team secures a lead...To the victors......



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Turkey Bowl needs a new Commissioner...